Introduced in 2011, and installed in production networks around the world, NEC ProgrammableFlow® Networking Suite was the first commercially available Software-Defined Network (SDN) solution to leverage the OpenFlow protocol.
NEC ProgrammableFlow® Networking Suite enables full network virtualisation and allowing enterprises, data centers and service providers to easily deploy, control, monitor and manage secure multi-tenant network infrastructure.
NEC's approach to SDN helps to reduce network equipment costs
Can ICT systems provide convenience in the way as car navigation systems?
- Fewer switches and simpler wiring.
- Smarter network services consolidating firewalls & other services.
- Reduced power and space.
Driving while following the destination display
- Entire route to the destination is not shown.
- Traffic jams cannot be predicted.
- The route cannot be changed flexibly.
- Arrival time is unknown.
- Whether or not the road has a high incidence of accidents is not shown.
Driving while following car navigation system instructions
- A route that avoids traffic jams or construction sites is selected in advance. The route can be changed flexibly according to the situation just by inputting the destination.