To contribute to society by offering better products and services, we consider it to be our duty to protect the information assets we keep for our customers and partners as well as our own information assets. To achieve this, NEC Australia Pty Ltd ("NEC") has committed to achieving these objectives for information security management.
- NEC operates and maintains an information security management system to control its information assets appropriately.
- NEC implements and applies the internal rules and regulations that are in line with this statement.
- NEC continuously develops and provides a Security Awareness Training program for all Staff and actively promotes the key principles of information security.
- NEC implements human, organizational, and technological security controls to protect its information assets from unauthorized access, leakage, modification, theft/loss, denial of service attacks, or any other threat.
- NEC makes efforts to rapidly locate the root cause, keep damage to a minimum and prevent the recurrence if an incident posing a threat to information assets should occur.
- NEC uses a formal incident management process to identify, contain and recover from a security incident should one occur and uses this process to help prevent recurrence.
- NEC complies with all legal, regulatory and contractual requirements related to information security and also adopts the Commonwealth and State Government guidelines, industry best-practice, the social standards and norms related to information security.
- NEC continuously reviews and improves those activities listed above.
Established: April 1, 2004
Revised: June 3, 2013