NEC invites you to IMMERSION
Tap into the latest knowledge and leadership from some of Australia's most influential and innovative business leaders.
IMMERSION Live Agenda
Walk away inspired, challenged, and armed with new ways to create value
About IMMERSION Game Changers
Changing the Game. What does it look like?
IMMERSION brings you compelling, accessible content designed to embrace all possibilities. The line-up includes panel discussions, interviews, and briefings from futurologists, e-commerce masterminds, and game changers.
Designed to stimulate game changing ways of thinking, this year’s program sparks optimism, and paves the way for leaders to future-proof new ideas and lead customer-centric, adaptive organisations in a world of accelerating change.
IMMERSION brings together an exciting agenda of rethinking business models, digital transformation for enterprise and government, and changing mindsets. This is an event not to be missed!
Keynotes and Discussion Panels
Catch of the Decade
Changing the game through digital disruption
Andrew ‘Billy’ Baxter goes one-on-one with Gabby Leibovich, co-founder of Catch, Scoopon and Menulog / EatNow.
‘Disrupting marketplaces requires grit, determination and chutzpah’ - Gabby Leibovich
A pioneer in Australian e-commerce and co-author of the bestseller, Catch of the Decade: How to Launch, Build and Sell a Digital Business, Gabby has built some of the most innovative online empires in Australia. Hear what went on behind the scenes in a journey of entrepreneurial disruption from the ground up, and how a limitless approach led to a $1 billion success story.
Learn from Gabby on entering the world of digital entrepreneurship, disrupting traditional markets, and how the idea for Catch of the Day was hatched. Gabby shares lessons learned along the way and his plans for his next big thing.
Adapting in a world of accelerating change
What does the future of humanity and technology look like?
Adjunct Professor Rocky Scopelliti, acclaimed futurologist and author of Australia 2030! - Where the bloody hell are we?
Known for making you think differently, Scopelliti’s insights empower people to turn change into opportunity, ideas into innovation, and customers into advocates.
‘I’m excited to be revealing my three biggest game-changing predictions for how we bring together the best of humanity and technology for future generations.’
Game Changing Cities
How we envision Australia's smartest, safest, and most sustainable city.
- Western Sydney: A Smart ‘Digital’ City success story in the making
- Bringing together the best of public and private for game changing outcomes
- Water: reinventing our most volatile resource
- How future technology will enable people to live, work and play in Smart City of the Future
A thought-provoking panel discussion with:
- Helen Hamilton-James - Western Sydney Office Managing Partner, Deloitte (moderator)
- Geoff Roberts AM - Chief Commissioner, Greater Sydney Commission
- Roch Cheroux - Managing Director, Sydney Water
- Duncan Challen - General Manager Business Development, Celestino Property Development
Draw on the panel's experience and uncover the real value of smart cities and the meaning of intergenerational planning for sustainable city development. Hear how embedding technology delivers a liveable city, enabling the development of industry and jobs to improve quality of life.
Building customer-centric communities and brands
Rethinking possibilities for customer and citizen-centred design
Explore new thinking and what’s possible:
- Beyond the user experience – building customer-centric communities and brands
- Elevating data-led personalisation
- How Digital Twin is shaping our future ‘personalised’ digital experience
Panel discussion with:
- Andrew 'Billy' Baxter (moderator)
- Amy Brown - CEO, Investment NSW
- Charles Weiser - Head of CX Digital, Optus
- Mike Mrdak AO - Chair of NEC Australia
Discover what the future holds for customer experience, and how it plays into the development and design of communities and brands, putting customers and citizens at the centre.
Changing the Game
The impact of strategy, data, science and technology in Sport.
- It’s Olympics time. Athletes performing at the highest level. What drives high performers?
- The impact of data, analytics and technology played in the past, and now?
- What does this look like in the future?
Panel discussion with:
- Michelle Bishop - Sport Journalist, Channel 7 (moderator)
- Kevin Sheedy AO - EFC Board (Former AFL Coach)
- Michael Cheika - NEC Rugby Director (Former Wallaby Coach)
- Nik Popovic - High Performance Manager, Melbourne United