The Team Mate for Self-Service Kiosks and POS Application
For users of self-service kiosks, an effective user experience is essential in order to maintain customer satisfaction and loyalty. An intuitive and user friendly touch behaviour is crucial to eliminate frustration and allow the user to concentrate on the buying process and not on the technology.
The 55” M551-SST 10-point touch display intelligently ignores accidental touches yet provides accurate and reliable touch performance even when in high ambient light to facilitate an eye-pleasing touch experience. The Open Modular Intelligence (OMI) approach provides tailor-made Interactive Solutions, where scalable computing power such as Raspberry Pi compute modules or SDM Slot-in PCs are seamlessly embedded into the display.
For interactive way finding signage, the M551-SST multi-touch display perfectly serves your end customers whilst increasing your ROI and securing your investment into a brighter future.
All NEC SST touch displays come with an NEC SST Pen and Eraser Kit.
- ShadowSense Touch Technology – market-leading touch performance for speed and accuracy, that is immune to ambient light andprovides advanced features such as object size and shape recognition, palm rejection, touch size and speed control, hoverdistance control, and liquid rejection on the touch surface.
- Avoid Touch Frustration – satisfy users with the highest touch point accuracy, filtering out misleading touch-sizes and avoiding ghost touches even in high ambient light operation.
- Seamless Touch Integration – work hand-in-hand with multi-touch applications while using the 10 touch points of ShadowSense™ touch technology in real-time collaboration.
- Simple Plug & Play – easy set-up without the need to install any drivers on the host PC for all major operating systems.
- Superb readability in bright light environments – crisp playback of content thanks to anti-reflective screen surface that delivers clearly visible messages even under varying and demanding ambient conditions.
- Future Ready with Open Modular Intelligence Expansion – upgrade the power of your display at any time by seamlessly integrating one of NEC’s options for OPS Slot-in PCs, Raspberry Pi compute modules or signal interfaces for content feed and computing.
- Mission-critical 24/7 ready operation – the meticulous selection of industrial-grade components and careful design focused ondemanding usage scenarios accompany an impressive and continuous viewer experience.
|NEC Message Large Format ShadowSense Touch Display M551-SST - Datasheet AU||411.63 KB|
|Panel Technology||IPS with Edge LED backlights|
|Screen Size [inch/cm]||55 / 138.8|
|Contrast Ratio (typ.)||≥ 8000:1|
|Viewing Angle [°]||178 horizontal / 178 vertical (typ. at contrast ratio 10:1)|
|Response Time (typ.) [ms]||8|
|Haze Level [%]||Pro (28)|
|Supported Orientation||Landscape; Portrait|
|Horizontal Frequency [kHz]||26 - 91.1|
|Vertical Frequency [Hz]||23 - 86|
|Native Resolution||3840 x 2160|
|Supported Resolutions||4096 x 2160;|
3840 x 2160;
1920 x 2160;
1920 x 1080;
1900 x 1200;
1650 x 1050;
1600 x 1200;
1440 x 900;
|Input Video Digital||1 x DisplayPort (with HDCP); 2 x HDMI (with HDCP)|
|Input Audio Digital||1 x DisplayPort; 2 x HDMI|
|Input Control||LAN 100Mbit; remote control wire (3.5mm jack); RS232|
|Output Audio Analogue||1 x 3.5 mm jack|
|Input Detect||Custom; First; Last|
|OPEN MODULAR INTELLIGENCE|
|Intel® SDM||accepts Intel® Smart Display Modules Large and Small up to 66 W|
|Compute Module Slot||RPi4 Compute Module|
|Ambient Light Sensor||Integrated, triggered actions programmable|
|Temperature Sensor||Integrated, 3 sensors, triggered actions programmable|
|Power Consumption [W]||80 shipping|
|Power Savings Mode [W]||< 0.5; < 2 (Networked Standby)|
|Power Management||VESA DPMS|
|Power Supply||100-240 V AC; 50/60 Hz; internal|
|Operating Temperature [°C]||+0 to +40|
|Operating Humidity [%]||20 to 80|
|Storage Humidity [%]||10 to 90|
|Storage Temperature [°C]||-20 to 60|
|Dimensions (W x H x D) [mm]||1,312 x 770 x 77|
|Bezel Width [mm]||32.0 (left and right); 32.0 (top and bottom)|
|VESA Mounting [mm]||300 x 300 (FDMI); 4 holes; M6|
|Ingress Protection||IP5x (front); IP2x (back)|
|Touch Technology||ShadowSense™ Touch|
|Number of Touches||Real multi-touch up to 10 touches|
|Response Time [ms]||6 to 8|
|Touch Method||Gloves; Stylus (≥ 6 mm)|
|Supported Operating System||Native Multi-Touch: Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, Linux, Android; Default Mouse: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Mac OS X|
|Accuracy [mm]||< 1.5|
|Touch Resolution||12-bit (4096 x 4096)|
|Ambient Light Rejection||Up to full sunlight (approx. 100000 lux)|
|Energy Efficiency||Annual energy consumption: 131 kWh (based on 4 operating hours per day); Energy efficiency class: G; LED backlight|
|Safety and Ergonomics||Energy Star 8.0; RCM|
|Pixel Failure Class||ISO 9241-307, Class 1|
|Audio||Integrated Speakers (10 W + 10 W)|
|Shipping Content||Display; HDMI Cable; Power Cable; Remote Control; User Manual|
|External Control||AMX NetLinx Support; ASCII Control Commands; Crestron Connected; HDMI CEC; HTTP Browser; PJLink; Scheduled Timer; SNMP|
|Remote Management||Automated Email Alerts; NEC NaViSet Administrator 2|
|Security||Disable HW Buttons; Disable IR Functionality; Emergency Notification|