NEC Solution provides operational intelligence for Kastoria Bus Lines to align with Victoria Bus Plan
16 August 2023, 11:00 am
NEC Australia’s latest addition to its Smart Mobility Platform, an integrated Push to Talk/PTT (PTToC) voice communications service, is advancing Kastoria Bus Lines operations and workshop support through providing cutting edge seamless communication and operational intelligence.
Kastoria, a bus line servicing Melbourne's northwestern suburbs, implemented the industry leading NEC tech to improve communication and real time data across its fleet, while also ensuring its buses and operations align with the Victorian government’s vision for safe, efficient and smart travel for all.
This PTToC technology is forming part of the standard build at Kastoria and is helping create a brighter future for the 170 buses it operates across its networks.
The new Push to Talk/PTT System provides premium communications functionality from a single device in the vehicle, resulting in seamless communication and operational intelligence between the bus driver and operations center and workshop.
Additional key benefits of NEC’s PTToC include:
- Customer satisfaction – where issues can be quickly rectified with minimal disruption to the passenger.
- Drivers can be contacted immediately through simple broadcast to quickly inform them of key information.
- Prioritised call queue for the Operations team in the OCCC, ensuring that more urgent calls can always be answered first.
- One touch duress functionality for drivers.
- Ability to easily include maintenance or management teams on calls using handheld devices.
- On Time Running data for all services for both Operational Centre staff and drivers.
- Instant notifications to drivers of stop information, countdowns on when to depart to ensure the service is on time, as well as color coding that on time running drivers can see at a glance.
- All vehicle locations and status information is available to the Operational Centre team through multiple views so services are easily managed.
- Easy to install by the bus manufacturer.
- Happier drivers – reporting a much better working environment.
General Manager at Kastoria Bus Lines, Andrew Chan, says the new PTToC has brought the Kastoria bus fleet into the 21st century.
“Kastoria has taken one step forward into a brighter future by partnering with NEC Australia since early 2022 and installing the industry leading PTToC technology in March 2023,” Chan said.
“Our decision to work with NEC Australia is a demonstration of best practice bus operations and aligns with the government’s vision for safe, efficient and smarter travel for our passengers and the broader community.”
NEC Australia’s Head of Smart Ticketing and Maas Solutions, Mark Messenger, said the PTToC technology is delivering positive outcomes for both the organisation and its bus passengers.
“This partnership with Kastoria Bus Lines celebrates the Victorian government’s emphasis on creating smarter transport solutions, and faster and more reliable networks,” Messenger said.
“We are thrilled with the benefits Kastoria are experiencing across their network. The PTToC technology is a helping create cleaner fleets that prioritise the customer experience, while delivering better value for money for the organisation.”