Passenger Information & Transit Management Systems
Passengers are at the core of the service management platform that has been designed to enhance their experience.
Passenger Information Systems
NEC’s real-time “prediction engine” uses multi-dimensional statistics and correlations which, by monitoring vehicle location, route, route progress and routing deviations, provides passengers with accurate arrival times and for passengers waiting for the arrival of next services.
Onboard Visual & Audio Annunciation
Multilingual audio and text service announcements and information onboard. By monitoring variables such as vehicle, route, speed, distance to travel and any expected deviations, the progress of the vehicle is communicated to passengers for every stop on the route.
Data Analysis and Real Time Management
Monitoring progress in real time, against predicted route, taking into account any deviations, to monitoring over several defined performance variables such as wait times.
Business intelligence and visualisation tools, dashboards and reporting capability to provide operational performance insights.
Transport Management Systems value added solutions
NEC can provide several additional and valuable extensions and systems to TMS that provide additional benefits. These include:
- Eco-drive sensors and telematics that monitor and analyse speeding events, idling, steering, braking and lane departures. Sensors are linked and activated to provide visual clues and alerts to drivers and data is collated by a centralised tracking and reporting system.
- Data analytics identifying high-risk driving behaviours for proactive mitigation.
- Analysis of vehicle bunching and gapping to assist maintaining regular spacing to reduce wait times and to increase arrival predictability.
Key features & benefits of NEC’s TMS & PIS solutions
Who should use Passenger Information Systems & Transit Management Systems
NEC Australia is leading the way for a seamless and safe passenger experience. NEC has a broad range of solutions within its Passenger Information and Transit Management suites that are adaptable and scalable to your requirements.
NEC partners with public transport authorities and public transport operators to deliver:
- Improved passenger satisfaction and safety – improved predictability of services.
- Integration to multiple technologies residing in other modes, including Ticketing and Automated Fare Collection.
- Multi-modal application – bus, rail, light rail, etc.
- A full turnkey solution from design, build and commission, with a proven track record of collaboration with local partners and authorities worldwide.
- On network and in-vehicle, bus telematics systems and transportation control systems to enhance service performance and drive customer satisfaction.
- Passenger access to data online or on-the-go via mobile applications.
NEC partners with public transport authorities and public transport operators to provide scalable solutions that optimise operational performance, enhance customer satisfaction and improve network safety.