Who We Partner with
NEC partners with organisations that are committed to enhancing the customer experience. We enable seamless mobility by leveraging our global nous to deliver social, environmental and economic benefits to the local communities we serve.
We partner with:
- Public transport authorities
- Public transport operators
- Peak industry bodies / associations
- Local councils
We work across these industries to provide highly functional, extensible and convenient automated and integrated fare collection systems.
NEC Integrated Ticketing and Automated Fare Collection at a glance
AFC comprises core modules which define and outline the main functionality of the system:
- Device Management (device inventory and device settings)
- Fare Management
- Account and Media Management
- Maintenance Management
- Inspection Management
- Clearing and Settlement
- Reporting and Audit
NEC’s solution supports a single national account and payment method or regionally based systems which will unify travel across multiple authorities, operators and modes of transport. It is media agnostic, supporting smartcard, credit card, mobile phone/app and other payment forms. It can also be integrated with advanced biometric capabilities such as fingerprint readers, facial recognition systems or similar for fast and easy access and egress.
Using technologies such as GPS, NEC’s solutions can also be extended to real-time fleet tracking and monitoring and integration into Passenger Information Systems across the network, including transport interchanges and depots to provide accurate and timely information for service departures and arrivals, passenger announcements, scheduling and timetabling.
Key features and benefits of NEC's IT and AFC solutions
Ease of use
'A single touchpoint'. Adopt a single or multiple electronic platform (smartcards, mobile devices and apps, biometrics) to enable seamless interaction across the public transport network.
The ability for passengers to move seamlessly between transport modes and operators is key to rapid uptake and acceptance.
Future proof solutions
Utilise existing and upcoming biometric identification for boarding and disembarkation via technologies such as NEC’s advanced Facial Recognition, fingerprinting, Voice Recognition or future technology options.
Report or aggregate travel and services
NEC systems are versatile and provide for the collection and aggregation of services across multiple providers, transaction types, media types, vehicle types location, routes etc.
- Pay as you go fare model
- “Best fare” model (daily, weekly, monthly)
- Back office reconciliation on a daily, weekly or monthly payment aggregation
- “Actions lists” support (deny, accept, accept with account check)
- Validation including card expiry, validity, presence on “deny list”
- Clearing house functionality
- Clearing and settlement of payments to appropriate agencies and operators. Includes individual operator/agency role-based visibility and reporting
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) fraud reduction engine
Clearing house functionality
Clearing and settlement of payments to appropriate agencies and operators. Includes individual operator/agency role based visibility and reporting.
Artificial Intelligence (AI) fraud reduction engine
NEC’s technology provides both load forecasts and anomaly detection alarms to detect fare evasion.
Who should use NEC IT and AFC systems?
NEC’s Integrated Ticketing and Automated Fare Collection solutions offer a unique opportunity for Public Transport Authorities, Public Transport Operators and passengers to interact with an intuitive, single touchpoint ticketing solution.
Here are some of the main reasons to talk to us today about NEC’s Integrated Ticketing and Automated Fare Collection solutions:
- Integrated solution that can be applied across multiple transport modes and regions
- Access to contemporary payment methods such as Apple Pay, Smartcard and our leading-edge biometric identification capability
- Single backend clearance and settlement capability
- Addresses fare evasion and revenue leakage challenges for public transport authorities and operators.
- Offers insights into passenger markets, travel patterns to enable tactical service planning
NEC’s Integrated Ticketing and Automated Fare Collection solutions are scalable and adaptable for all market sizes – local to National.
We enable seamless mobility by leveraging our global nous to deliver social, environmental and economic benefits to the local communities we serve.