Helping citizens monitor themselves
Countries across the world are aware of the escalating events around us and the potential impact on infrastructure, and capacity to deliver critical services in particular.
To help ease the pressure on frontline healthcare and emergency services, citizens could be empowered to fight the spread of COVID-19 from their homes using an NEC developed app.
NEC iQuarantine is a mobile check-in and case management system developed to allow users to report their location and health status up to three times a day from their own homes.
The mobile solution is a highly scalable and easy to use for those either in self-isolation or healthcare professionals.
NEC iQuarantine benefits
- Using NEC Corporation’s facial recognition technology and push notifications, the app prompts citizens to check in three times a day, confirming who they are, their location and current health status.
- When a user notifies health services they are 'OK', an update is automatically made in the NEC iQuarantine Case Management Portal.
- Secure data storage is utilised, which includes chat-bots that can ask and answer basic health-related questions. NEC iQuarantine can ease the pressure on frontline health and emergency services.
- Assists users track the number of days they have been in self-isolation, and will alert them through a push notification immediately if there is any change to the COVID-19 alert level.
- Health services can use the app in the field to update case information in real-time. Using the NEC iQuarantine Case Management Portal, health services can easily access individual case information, including the status and priority of those in self-isolation.
The ability to maximise time and resources will be a critical success factor for Community Based Assessment Centres, District Health Boards, and the Ministry of Health, as they grapple with what’s likely to be unprecedented demand on their people, and services.
Whether they are in the office, clinic, at home or on the road, healthcare professionals can use NEC iQuarantine to gain access and insights that could help save thousands of lives.
The app will help healthcare professionals focus on those in most need, while leaving those who are healthy and/or not affected by COVID-19 to continue to self-monitor.
Read more about NEC iQuarantine in our media release.